Newsletter – April 2019
Reminder: April 9 Public Hearing on the Underground Flow Equalization System
The public is invited to review and comment on the Draft Environmental Impact Report for the Underground Flow Equalization System, formerly called the In-System Storage Facility. This project is part of the City’s 10-year program to improve and repair the aging sewer collection and treatment system, and to prevent sewer system overflows during heavy rains that threaten the health of city streets, beaches, and waterways, including the San Francisco Bay. The project would be located in the eastern portion of the San Mateo County Event Center Parking Lot.
The Draft EIR is available for public download and review. Hard copies are available at City Hall, the San Mateo Main Library, and the Hillsdale Branch of the San Mateo Public Library.
You are invited to learn more about the environmental impacts covered in the Draft EIR and provide verbal comments at the April 9, 2019 Planning Commission meeting. The project is currently under review by City Planning for a Special Use Permit, which will also be discussed at the April 9 meeting.
The deadline to submit comments on the Draft EIR is May 7, 2019.
How to submit comments:
- Write to: City of San Mateo Public Works Engineering, 330 W. 20th Avenue, San Mateo, CA 94403, Attention: Clean Water Program
- Email: info@CleanWaterProgramSanMateo.org
- Speak at: April 9 Planning Commission meeting, 7:00 p.m. at City Council Chambers, 330 W. 20th Avenue, San Mateo
For more information on the EIR, and answers to frequently asked questions, please visit the Clean Water Program website. For more information on the Special Use Permit, please click here.
Tuesday, April 9: 7 p.m. Planning Commission Study Session on Underground Flow Equalization System Project and Draft Environmental Impact Report, Council Chambers, 330 W. 20th Avenue, San Mateo
Reminder: Upcoming Public Meetings on the Wastewater Treatment Plant
San Mateo residents are invited to attend two upcoming meetings to learn more about the Wastewater Treatment Plant Upgrade and Expansion Project, which is anticipated to begin construction this summer.
- Monday, April 15: 7 p.m. City Council, Public Hearing on Wastewater Treatment Plant Planning Application Modifications, Council Chambers, 330 W. 20th Avenue, San Mateo
- Thursday, May 2: 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. Wastewater Treatment Plant Neighborhood Meeting, LEAD Elementary School, LGI Room, 949 Ocean View Avenue, San Mateo. At this meeting, Clean Water Program staff will provide a brief informational presentation, followed by a question-and-answer session.
Improving Your Sewer System: Community Meetings
We want to hear from you! As part of the Clean Water Program, City of San Mateo Public Works staff are proposing a revision to the City’s Sewer Lateral Ordinance. Residents are invited to one of two community meetings; Thursday, April 25 from 6-8 p.m. at the Senior Center at 2645 Alameda de las Pulgas, or Saturday, April 27 from 10 a.m.-noon at Beresford Recreation Center, 2720 Alameda de las Pulgas.
At each meeting, staff will present three options for a potential revision to the ordinance. Feedback from these community meetings will inform the proposal to the May 20 City Council Study Session meeting.
For more information, please click here.